Monday, September 17, 2007

Time to do Salsa

I can't believe that it is Salsa time again! Where does time go? I feel like I just bottled 100 jars and we have NONE left. I usually do about 4 of these boxes each year. And this year I am so far behind that I only did 1box. I will hopefully get to do 1 more but it just depends on the tomatoes and the weather.
My sweet husband helping me peel the tomoatoes. This is his job everytime! He really does enjoy helping me, because he LOVES the end result. (the salsa) I know that this picture does not do my salsa justice, but those of you that have had it (probably most of you) know it is the BEST!!!!
Here the the final result only 30 jars! That makes me a little sad!We will have to go easy on it this year. This is our Sunday after church tradition..........
As I was taking pictures, Dexter was just sitting and looking at me with that cute face, so I had to take a picture. He is getting so very big, but a great dog! Well a puppy......

8 comments:

Brooke said...

I'll have to ask Kristen about the salsa, it sounds delicious. Do you give out the recipe or is it an ancient family secret!?

Amanda said...

Dude, I HATED peeling the tomatoes. Honestly, that was the worst job EVER. Kelly deserves a lot of lovin' for doing that job!!

Kristen said...

Holy Domestic Goddess!! I don't bottle ANYTHING. of course we don't eat salsa like your family does..however maybe if we had something besides "Pace" we would! I like the commment about "the end result" (salsa) poor kelly. maybe you could USE the salsa as part of the act. okay i know that's gross. sorry. i have a dirty mind. love ya!

Stephanie said...

Yum!! Do you think you can send us a bottle? j/k When you have a minute give me a call.

The Hearn Crew said...

And the Hearn clan would be included in those that LOVE your salsa! Well done...thou good and faithful servant! Just teasing. But seriously...holy cow, what a job. And it is SOOOOO yummy.

Tara said...

I think it would be very nice of you to send me a bottle. :) or maybe we will have to come out for Christmas to get some??? You really are quite domestic Amy....where does it come from? We have the same mother!

Kate said...

Looks tasty!

Freddie Dawn said...

I am soooo craving some of your salsa!!