Sunday, September 9, 2007

Time Out For Women

If you have never had the chance to attend this
event, you are really missing out! This was AMAZING!




This was on our way to the event, we decided to stop for dinner at the Cracker Barrel. Diana and I decided to call it the "Crapper Barrel".

Getting ready to catch the shutttle to TOFW

I could NOT believe it! Out of ALL the women at this event, I happen to run into a friend from Utah (she now lives in Michigan) We both yelled out"Amy, is that you?" both our names are Amy. We were really good friends in Utah. It was awesome to see her!
I had the opportunity to take a picture with Jane Clayson Johnson. She use to work for KSL. I have always loved her and it was great to be able to listen to her speak. She was AMAZING. She spoke on "Embracing the Season your In" she focused on being happy in the shoes that we are in at this time in our lives. She shared many great stories about her and her courier. She also focused alot on being a "Mother" and the importance of NEVER downgrading that title. She again shared experiences of when she decided to end her courier and be a "Mother" and what people said to her and how they said it. Her final thought to us was great she said "Slip on the shoes that you've been given and celebrate the season". This is just a taste of the event. It was again Awesome!!!!! Go on-line to see when it will be in your area.
Thanks to all my friends who made it a great overnight, I love you all!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

sounds like a very uplifting getaway. It's nice to be reminded that being a mother is wonderful. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. Love and miss ya

Kristen said...

that sounds awesome! i am going to try to organize my "own" version of TOFW at your cabin. it is SO fun to get away with other moms. have you read jane's book? i haven't.

Tara said...

amy, you inspired me to go to TOFW...turns out, it is coming to Phoenix next weekend and I am joining a big group of friends and we are all going.It should be fun!
I am glad you got to go. Love ya!

The Hearn Crew said...

I had such a great time. I'm glad we went. Jane was awesome! I still think Hillary was my favorite. She was so funny and sings so beautifully! Thanks again for going. I want to read your book that you got. Did you finish it?

Jill said...

Looks like so much fun! I am glad you liked it. Wish I could've gone with you!

Sarah Jane said...

looks like you guys had a great time. I actually organized the book club I host through TOFW. We read I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson. What a great book. I'll be ordering the next book soon if anyone wants to join us.