Monday, July 9, 2007

When the little things "BUG" you

Well let me tell you that these LITTLE things have been REALLY bugging ME!!!!!!!!For the past few days I have noticed Fruit Flys in the kitchen and I have not had any fruit out. I have been going CRAZY trying to get rid of the _ _ _ _ things. I finally called some pest control places and asked them what to do. Well they wanted $150 to come out and find the source. Kelly was not paying that so we have been setting little traps and catching some but we STILL have them. My sweet little daughter Ellie told me that she had some in her closet as well. I went to see and just saw a few. Didn't think anything except to tell her that she CANNOT have food in her room. Well to make a blog story short, I get a call today from a company returning my phone call and she asks me if they are gone. I continued to tell her the story. She said that she would be over right away because she was close by us anyway , FREE of charge. She was very, very nice, spent about 30min. looking everywhere and said she didn't underdstand where they were coming from, and that my kitchen was so very clean. She gave me some tips and left.....Well I then had to put some clothes in Ellie's closet and opened the door to MILLIONS of FRUIT FLYS...........I freaked out, ran downstairs and called the lady back , she said she was on her way AGAIN, and as I was waiting for her I began to take things out of her closet and FOUND the source.......I opened her school bag that she had not completely cleaned out and found a rotten banana peel .The flys just flew out and I about threw up! The picture above shows how many dead ones were in the bottom of the bag....Can you believe it! The lady came right in and sprayed the closet and helped wipe down kitchen cabinets with some of her stuff that would kill them and then left me the bottle to keep..I thanked her so...much and asked her what I could pay her and she said no thank you, just refer me to your friends..........OH MY GOSH!!!! that was so...nice of her. So the moral of the story is ..check your kids school bags and when you send a banana with them for snack remind them to THROW THE _ _ _ _ PEEL AWAY! If anyone needs pest control let me know and I have the best person for you to call!

8 comments:

Freddie Dawn said...

Oh my gosh, i am so glad Ellie told you. Bugs are sooo yucky!

Kristen said...

that is so funny!! that darn ellie. you will have so many stories to tell. only YOU would get even a Pest Control person to give you something for free. I guess you are living right.

doezie10 said...

Hey, what does the - - - - stand for???

Stephanie said...

That is discusting.. Leave it to Ellie. Well at least you got something for nothing..LUCKY!!!

Jill said...

first the bird, now fruit flies. what's gonna infest the Allred house next?!

The Hearn Crew said...

Okay, seriously...that's disgusting! I can't believe the crazy little things just procreate so quickly!! I'm so glad you finally found the source and they are gone!

Tara said...

Hi there sis,
we need to talk tomorrow....I need some help figuring out things on my blog. call me. i love you!

Tara said...

ok I want to know where in the heck the fruit flys come from unless they are in the fruit to begin with??? ask your pest lady would ya!