Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day At The Foot Doctor............



Okay, many of you know the story of my ankle right? Well for those of you who don't let me tell it to you. While we were in Mexico in August, I was on my was to the spa to get a wonderful leg & foot massage. I was SO excited for this all day. As I was walking to the golf cart for a ride to the spa, I walked down a set a stairs(well I was trying to walk down the stairs) when suddenly I was completely on the ground in total pain. I had fallen down the steps and rolled my ankle while hearing a loud POP! The Hotel bellboys came and got me with wheel chair and took me to the Hotel Dr. She then wanted to send me to the hospital. I said no as I was not wanting to go to a hospital in Mexico. She said at that point that she thought it was broken. She just gave me a shot and I said I would be fine and I was off to enjoy the rest of my trip, trying very hard not to be a baby, but I was in TOTAL pain! Anyway to make a long story short. That was almost three month ago and since we have been home it has really been bothering me, but my sweet husband said oh, it's not broken. I am sure it is a high ankle sprain that is really painful. So my life goes on and I continue to complain. So FINALLY my SWEET husband made me an apt with the Dr. that he just saw about his ankle that has been bothering him.hmmn!(poor guy) I saw the doctor today and he took an x-ray and OH MY GOSH!!!!! I should have listened to myself. It is BROKEN and I have been dealing with this all this time. Kelly, don't ever call me a wimp! so as for now I am in a soft cast for a week and then I have to go back to have an ultrasound done on it next week to look at the tendons and ligaments then we will decide what to do.Note to self- listen to the way YOU feel and not what OTHERS tell you! I love you Kelly...........It is broken on the Fibula just lower than the arrow right above my ankle.

4 comments:

Freddie Dawn said...

Awww first Braeden and now you :( I hope you feel better, that is no fun at all!!

Tara said...

I can't believe you have been waling around on that for 3 months!! YOu definately deserve something great like diamonds or a new car for Christmas!

Shiela Campbell said...

Amy, Amy, Amy! You need to listen to your body. No one else can hear it when it saying I hurt. When it hurts there is usually something wrong. Those of us who have things hurting a lot seem to suck up more than we should sometimes. (afraid of what others may think) I just hope the fix doesn't take months and months. Please take care of yourself and LISTEN a little better!!
Mom

Stephanie said...

That is crazy!!! I can't believe that you really broke your foot. For as tender as it has been and since you haven't been able to walk for months it makes perfect sense. But I have to say that I still think Mike's nickname he made for you is funny. I hope that you can get it taken care of soon. I love you and am so sorry that you have been in so much pain for the last 4 months.