Monday, February 18, 2008

My Birthday Week..........

Wow! what a week I had. Let me tell you how it started. My sweet friend Diana called me a few days before my Birthday and asked me if i wanted to go to Oprah! Well who doesn't want to go to Oprah. So that is how I started off my Birthday. We were able to go downtown Chicago and stay overnight in a GREAT Hotel. It was awesome! The Oprah show was about the Dr. Suess book Horton Hears a Who! Well the movie is coming out on March 14th and so we were lucky enough to preview it the night before the show. It stars Jim Carrey and Carrol Burnett and Steve Carell. It was AWESOME! your families will love it! Then Those stars were on the Oprah show. We were on the 3rd row center stage. Most of you watched it today.(did you see me?) It was a great show. Thank you so much Diana for such a great time! I love ya! Here is our hotel room. These were the most comfortable beds ever......we slept very well. I love the decor.



I have never seen so....many pillows on a hotel bed..I felt like I was right at home. I LOVE pillows.


This is us waiting in line at Oprah....bright and early...6:30am


Gotta have the Harpo picture!

Now on to the rest of my Birthday celebration. Can I just say that I have the BEST friends EVER! I love you all so much. Ruth was not able to make it last minute, poor little Lili was sick.I missed you Ruth! We went out for some Mexican. None of us were really keen on the place, but they had GREAT guacamole!


We celebrated Taunacy's Birthday as well. Happy birthday T-Ho!I couldn't think of a better person to celebrate with.


I had to talk Jill into letting me have a picture with her. She is pregnant and does NOT like pics of herself....I would kill to look llike her when I am pregnant. she only has like 4 weeks left. What is she talking about!


Now on tho the best part....Desert!
Have you EVER seen a piece of cake this big? No, I did not eat it myself. We all shared one piece. It was YUMMY!

Thanks again everyone for a wonderful birthday! My friends for being so great. I don't know what I would do without you! You are the BEST. To my sister's and sweet Steph for the sweet birthday blogs. I love you!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

i like your blonde hair! you do have great friends. okay can you BELIEVE I forgot to watch Oprah? I hate what time it's on here...4pm
house is crazy that time of day. hopefully someone tevo'd it. love ya!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday. I am so glad that you have good friends to celebrate with. Sure wish that I could have been there with you. My Mom, Jen and I watched Oprah and we did get a few glances of you. That was a funny show and I am sure being there was a blast. Tell Taunacy Happy Birthday. By the way your hair looks great. Love You!

Chris said...

Hey there. Saw you on Oprah. Looked like a fun show to be at. Happy Birthday.

Tara said...

I am so happy that your friends take such good care of you! Looks like you had an awesome birthday!
Love your hair!!

Jill said...

That was so much fun, but let's keeping hunting for some good Mexican food! That place didn't do it for me either. I am so glad you had a great birthday week!

Chelsea said...

Happy belated birthday--looks like you had fun. I'm loving the ENORMOUS cake. Nice. How are you guys doing? Any movement on the house? Hope all is well.

J'Amy Day said...

Happy Birthday, Amy! Looks like you had a great time with friends...remember when we celebrated at the cabin, gosh, has it been 6 years?? It was during the Olympics.

Lots of good memories...hope you had a great week.

The Hearn Crew said...

I'm so late at looking at blogs. I already told you happy birthday, but once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I'm so glad we're friends. We had so much fun, thanks for going to Oprah with me.