Monday, February 11, 2008

Look at those EYES!

Last week was quite the week at the Allred house. Lets just say that I thought the week would NEVER end. Ellie was home most of the week not feeling well and we all know what that did to me! I really do lover her, she just requires ALOT of attention and as my sister Tara says, she is my ticket to Heaven! We still are not sure what is up with her stomach issues. I have to take her back to the doctor by next week if we don't see some changes in her stool. I was called the BUTT doctor last week. I had to keep a diary on Ellie and boy was it FUN!!!! I thought it was frustrating making Ellie take her medicine, well try giving that girl an enema. I thought we were going to kill each other. After about an hour and a half I finally got done with the enema and ellie stopped crying and said, "Mom, I didn't even feel that". That made me want to you know what.......Then Gracie got pink eye and woke up twice in the night because she couldn't open her eyes. This picture is not at her worst. To top everything off. I got a call on Friday about 11am saying that we were having a preview on the house in 1hour. I was FREAKING out! My house was a MESS with a crazy week and all. I frantically started shoving stuff hoping that I would remember where I had put everything. In the dryer, washer, dishwasher, oven. Did I say oven? My friend Stacy came over to get the kids out of the house and helped me run through and pick up so I could clean bathrooms, vac, dust in less than 1 hour. I have never sweat so bad in my life................anyway, I got it done and the next day, Taylor had some friends over and she was pre-heating the OVEN for pizza.....I smelled something and remembered ALL the stuff that was sitting on my counter that I shoved in the oven for the showing......MELTED PLASTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUCK!
what a pain to clean out. Moral of the story.....keep up with your house and don't get behind like I did!

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a week, Bless your heart!! I know how exhausting it is to have sick children. Poor little Cohen has been sick for a week and a half and Mike and Kaden started with it in Friday. That Ellie is a stinker, I have seen first hand how frustrating she can be.. And it breaks my heart to see that picture of Gracie, her poor little eyes make me want to cry. I remember when Kaden had pink eye and I had to give him eye drops, lets just say it wasn't easy. I am glad to know that you have such great friends who are willing to help you. I hope this week is better for you, Maybe with your house being so clean you can relax and enjoy yourself a little more. Love you, talk to you soon.

Shiela Campbell said...

Amy,Amy,Amy!!!!

Kristen said...

that is hilarious about the oven. i laughed out loud even! doesn't it always happen that way. you haven't had one showing and then for it to happen on a day like that. how did they like the house by the way? welcome back to blogging!

Kristen said...

mom we are on and the exact same time..check out our comment times!

Kristen said...

amy I tagged you!

Mercy said...

Okay, I was here Friday and would have been more than happy to help out, too!!! Hopefully your stress was worth it and they'll want your house!!!

Tara said...

oh Amy, thank you for the good laugh. I really really needed it today. Alex turns 18 today and it is very emotional for me....and then I had a total meltdown with Abe this morning (he is my Ellie!) Anyway, it has been a tear-filled morning and you made me actually laugh. I have done that so many times with the oven...only mine is that I will hide treats in there and then forget and turn the oven on. Just last week, I had put a half eaten cake in the oven with my good pampered chef little spatula....all of a sudden the kids started saying..."something stinks!!" and I realized one of them had turned the oven on to make something and it had totally melted my spatula!
Well, I love you and hope you have a better week. Since it is your birthday week...you BETTER!

Kristen said...

how funny i have NEVER hidden anything in my oven. after your experiences i will make sure i don't. ok notice how many comments i've made on your blog?

Jill said...

Oh my gosh...so glad that week is over! You made it! It can only get better from there, right?

Kristen said...

Helloooooo...I TAGGED you!!!!

Brooke said...

I read Kristen and Tara's blog. Happy Birthday! Kristen talks so much about you, I feel like a distant relative!