Monday, December 3, 2007

Happy Holidays..........what are your traditions?

I took a little break from blogging and am happy to be back. What a wonderful time of year! This is my favorite. Not because of all the presents, but its the time for traditions. I think back as I was growing up, and remember some of our family traditons. That is something that I have always wanted to carry on with my own family. So if you don't have any, well its time to start! It is fun to hear the kids talk about them and remind me of them. I'm sure many of you have heard about our little elf at Christmas time, well I will blog about him and take his picture when he comes!!!! This is something that my kids LOVE at Christmas time, they can't wait fot Fiddles to come. They are trying really hard to be good so he will come. Ellie is struggling a little with it! We have a few traditions that I would like to share throughout this month. I would love to hear about yours as well.. So here's to Traditions!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

remind me of traditions we had growing up? other than the new jammies on christmas eve I can't remember them.

Amy said...

I remember the Dolls each year, how mom put them under the tree in a new dress. I also remember all us kids sleeping together Christmas eve. Remember the boxes of cereal? Christmas at the Logde. I guess not all of them traditions, but more memories. Memories that I want to turn into traditions. Oh! and we can't forget Grandma Cleo in the elf costume...........

Tara said...

we need a Fiddles at our house...Emma would love that. My kids LOVE to do the advent calendar! Even Abe gets into it. That is the first thing they run to in the morning. Emma keeps saying "we are going to the Panda Express on number 6!" We are going on the POLAR Express on Dec. 6th....they are very excited.

Kristen said...

we had family night and decided to do some kind of "service" each christmas. this year we are going to anonymously do the 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS to our widower neighbor. The kids are excited about that. I haven't been too good about traditions! My kids are finally at a point where I need to really start. When they are little it's easy to not do things. I do remember getting "sugar" cereal for christmas. That's probably what Cheryl's kids will get.

Freddie Dawn said...

I make cinnamon rolls every christmas eve for breakfast on christmas day. We eat those and drink milk, eggnog, and mormon friendship tea (not really tea!). That a christmas jammies.

Jill said...

I love the good old Christmas tradition of EATING! EAT EAT EAT everything good and yummy in sight and not give a darn about the scale until January. To me, it's just not the holidays without yummy food and treats around!

Stephanie said...

A fun tradition that we have with the Allred's is that the women get pajamas on Christmas Eve. My favorite Christmas tradition growing up was waking up extremely early on Christmas morning, I still get excited and I hardly get any sleep on Christmas Eve. I think that the Elf tradition you have at your house is such a wonderful idea, and your kids absolutely love it. I think I will steal that from you and make that a tradition with our children as well.